Local Time in Korr, Kenya

Monday, May 9, 2011

Catherine and Gideon

(Gideon with his new teddy bear. He'd rather be eating it than anything else!)
You may remember me telling about one of my students getting pregnant last year, and as a result, traveling home to give birth. Well, Catherine is now the ever-patient, healthy, and happy mother of a baby boy; Gideon! I don't know his weight, but he is HUGE! Especially by Rendille standards. He's brown (not very dark skinned), fussy, but getting less so, has soft hair (as many Rendille do), and we share the birthday of January 30th! I've been out a couple of times now to visit Catherine and the baby, so I've got plenty of photos for you to "ooo" and "awww" over!
Gidi (his nickname) and Auntie Claire!
Mommy is comfy!
Napping with the embroidered blanket Momma Westwood made for him.
Dancing with Auntie Emily (another Tirrim Secondary School student)

Grandma!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment