Local Time in Korr, Kenya

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tirrim Cultural Day 2011


I remember what Alicia Ressmann used to say about Cultural
Day at the Tirrim Schools: “I’m like such a proud momma! I am sorry if the other guests can’t see, but I will stand up in front and take pictures of MY kids! Oh, hi kids. Smile at my camera in your face!” In honor of Alicia I have taken on the new role of super excited “Mom” at the annual cultural song and dance preformance held with all schools in the Tirrim Project. And those secondary students did me proud this year! They performed a traditional Turkana dance and a Samburu/Rendille one also. I was even impressed with the primary school kids who did a dance performed with a ram’s horn trumpet! 551 photos later, and here are some of my favorites.


2 comments:

  1. waw! The only school that celebrates such a day annually in the entire marsabit county! Me love it!
    God Bless Tirrim Groups of schools!

    ReplyDelete