Local Time in Korr, Kenya

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Photo Journalism

I'm feeling a bit lazy at the moment so here's some photos from recent events in Kenya.

Here's a picture of our new roommate Ruth with her 19th Birthday Bun at breakfast.



This is a nice one of my adoptive mother Naryo and I on the day of my adoption. Through my new family, I'm now of the clan Dubsahay, and the family Chawle.



The notorious desert thorn bush. But the interesting thing is that these plants are usually so brown and dry, that
I really thought they were dead and had just been stuck upright in the ground to form a very scary looking fence. Well, it lives!



Photo of the day: An African sunrise while Alicia and I were walking to school. I used to whine about waking up this early for crew practice, but there's something about about the whole village waking up at 5 AM and singing... laughing... crying that really gets you going.



My Form 2 students on Registration Day
sitting and covering their books; a job they detest.



A picture is worth a thousand words?

1 comment:

  1. Naryo's tie die is fab. Please tell her she has an admirer.

    ReplyDelete